- Train human resource needed for agricultural, home Science and
allied sectors for the development of the State of Andhra
- Constantly strive to generate technologies for increasing
production in the agriculture and home science and allied
- Assist in the process of transfer of technology through the
dissemination of knowledge in collaboration with the Development
Departments of the Government.
- In tune with the mandate of the university which "among others
shall be to make provision for education mainly of the rural people
of the state of Andhra Pradesh in agriculture in its broad sense
and to promote research, field and extension programmes in
agriculture and agricultural production", the university has set
for itself the following goals.
- Provide opportunities for the citizens of the state and the
country for education in the field of agriculture in its broad
sense and to promote research, field and extension programmes in
agriculture and allied sciences. Strengthen UG and PG teaching
through periodic revision of syllabi.
- Establish the required infrastructure to conduct location
specific research in the field of agriculture and allied
- Generate technologies to improve farm production and income to
- Provide the needed assistance to the development departments of
the Government and other agencies to test and disseminate the
improved technologies developed.
- Provide opportunities for rural youth and women for learning
and adoption of improved agro-technologies.
- Revitalize the extension activities through the creation of
specific infrastructure in each district.
- Adopt advancements in information technology and computers to
improve the formal academic programmes and introduce non-formal
distance and contact learning programmes for the benefit of
farmers, rural youth and women.