|Acharya N. G. Ranga Agricultural University has been organizing
Kisan Melas through its centers to intensify extension services of
University and to create awareness and educate farmers about latest
farming technologies and recent developments in agriculture and
- To provide an opportunity to the farmers to practically witness
the new production technologies demonstrated in the Agricultural
Research stations and to inform farmers about on going research in
- To enable farmers to discuss with University scientists about
problems relating to agriculture and allied aspects directly.
- To provide an opportunity for the farmers to directly contact
input manufacturers, dealers, and also to know about latest
agricultural inputs, machinery, equipment etc. available in
- To help scientists for getting feedback on recommended
technologies as well as to sensitize them about the farmer's
current problems on agriculture and allied aspects.
- To inculcate among farmers the habit of visiting research
stations frequently to learn about latest technologies.
Kisan Melas are organized every year in each revenue division of
the state by University research stations, colleges and other
centers involving several farmers, farm women and youth apart from
scientists, extension personnel and VIPs of University, state line
departments, representatives of Government and other development